Monday, May 6, 2013

weekend snapshots: sunshine + flowers + photos

What a wonderful Seattle sunny weekend! It got off to great start Friday night when Miles surprised me with flowers. Ranunculus are one of my favorites! I tend to get stressed out and overwhelmed easily ("No, Whitney, not you. You are so calm, cool and collected." -said all of you, my friends) so it was especially sweet of Miles to cheer me up when I was feeling a bit stressed that night. I'm sure you all heard, since it was basically worldwide headlining news...but it was hot and sunny in Seattle this weekend! By hot I mean mid to high 70's which is not really 'hot' by this Central Californian's standards, but gorgeous weather none the less. If it's the sunny in Seattle, yo' ass is outside. This particular idea was lost on my two little brothers, Ryne and Riley (R&R for short). They much prefer playing Wii than running around outside, so a little bit of force was necessary to get them outside when I babysat them on Saturday. The rest of my Saturday was spent hanging out with Miles in the U-District, downtown alleys and a parking lot on capitol hill while he took photos with his Holgaroid pinhole camera. He is quite talented, I must brag say. While we were in Pioneer square, I snapped a few photos myself of Smith Tower, an old fire escape and the photographer himself in action. Sunday was of course Cinco De Mayo which I don't normally celebrate but got to spend with two of my wonderful friends, Anna and Ronald, drinking mimosas and taking super rad photos! They are helping me with an upcoming project--more on that to come! All in all, a wonderful spring weekend in Seattle. Here's hoping this weather lasts! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too! xoxo, whit

my intrepid photographer ♥
fire escape in pioneer square alley
 right in the middle of singing "eye of the tiger." he knows every word
double cherry blossoms in cowen park
 vegan pizza in the u-district. 
date night ready in my new button up!
happy cinco de mayo from ronald!
 my friends are wonderful!
and one last flower power shot. ♥poppies♥

No comments:

Post a Comment