Friday, May 3, 2013

etsy fridays: come sail away, come sail away...

I love navy and white stripes. Like, really love. Like, hard. I own, just off the top of my head, at least seven nautical striped tops (man, I really feel like it's more than that though ) five of which are navy and white. Nautical is clean, crisp, classic and will never go out of style. Some shy away from the look, afraid it will come across too literally. You know-sailboats, anchors and such. Psshaw, I say to them! That's the fun part! Sure, there is a fine line. You want your look to be cute and subtle without going overboard (for lack of a better word). As you can see, I had a bit of a hard time narrowing down my Etsy favorites from the week. I found so many amazing nautical inspired pieces in vintage, handmade and even mens! It must be the gorgeous Seattle weather that has me ready to set sail. I hope you don't mind having to look through all of them! Have a wonderful weekend! xoxo,whit


3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of my favorite stripe-wearing musician: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ayearwithswollenappendices/8623588650/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that navy wool toggle coat! You have such perfectly Seattle picks!

    ReplyDelete