Tuesday, May 7, 2013

met gala: 15 worst dressed on the red carpet

I got a text from my friend Marian last night that read, "this year's Met Ball = snooze fest." And while I did see some gorgeous looks that I absolutely loved, I saw some that did indeed make me snooze. The theme this year was "Punk: Chaos to Couture." I was ready to see some amazing jaw dropping looks! I think these stars either missed the memo or took the whole "punk" think a little too literally. As in....no. Just, no. Sometimes I think to myself, "should you feel bad about judging these people just based on their clothes?" And then I think, "no, no you shouldn't. Because these lucky people got to attend the most fashion forward night of the year, and this is what they came up with?! For shame!" Then I feel better and continue to judge. Take a look at my worst dressed list below! What do you think? Anyone you see on here that doesn't deserve to be? Anyone I missed? xoxo, whit

Madonna in Givency (image via huffpost style)
Oh, the theme was punk this year? Oh RLY!?
Miley Cyrus in Marc Jacobs (image via huffpost style)
We get it. You're not on the Disney Channel anymore. You're like, a total bad ass now.
Taylor Swift in J. Mendel (image via huffpost style)
Breaking. Taylor Swift in a sparkly J. Mendel gown. Yawn.
Anne Hathaway in Valentino (image via huffpost style)
No.
Kelly Osbourne in Marc Jacobs (image via huffpost style)
...the fuck?  
 Kristen Stewart in custom Stella McCartney (image via huffpost style)
LOL
Gwyneth Paltrow in Valentino Couture (image via huffpost style)
a. the theme was punk
b. no
 Ellen Fanning in Rodarte (image via huffpost style)
I appreciate that she went for it but...aw, honey.
Ashley Greene in Marchesa (image via huffpost style)
so. much. fabric.
Nicki Minaj in Tommy Hilfiger (image via huffpost style)
Really, Nicki? Now you play it safe? Really?
 Sandra Lee in Alexander McQueen (image via huffpost style)
On Lee, this dress does indeed look semi homemade. Also, why is she there?
Sophia Coppola in Marc Jacobs...pajamas (image via huffpost style)
snooze-fest. literally. marc on the other hand- hello...
Kate Upton in Diane Von Furstenberg (image via huffpost style)
pretty dress, but bor-ing.
Zooey Deschanel in Tommy Hilfiger (image via huffpost style)
the theme was punk, not prep.
 Rene Zellweger in Prada (image via huffpost style)
are you for real right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment