Thursday, July 11, 2013

weekend snapshots: summer birthdays

Hi all! Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th! I was lucky enough to have the highly coveted, very precious four day weekend. It was a much needed mini vacation from my, lately, very hectic work life. Over the long weekend, I celebrated many important births: the birth of our great nation, the birth of one of my style/life icons Frida Kahlo and well, me. Natch.I celebrated hard y'all! I was super lucky one of my  besties, Britt, made her annual Independence Day weekend pilgrimage back to Seattle. I love getting to see her on my birthday! We watched the fireworks at our friend's condo on Capitol Hill with a great view! On the 5th, (my actual birthday) Miles and I went to the wedding of two of our beautiful friends, Emily and Kim. It was RAD. We got to dance, yell Mozel Tov!, and the ridiculously talented Seattle Rock Orchestra put on a private mini concert. Amazing. So happy for those two. Other highlights of the weekend included bike rides, lots of reading in Volunteer Park, a (free!) trip to the Seattle Asian Art Museum, bahn mi sandwiches, dinner at Serious Pie and a birthday party in the park with all of my friends and family! It was so much fun to have a bunch of my friends in the same place at the same time. We had a BBQ, drank beers, played catch and basically just had the best time. Am a lucky girl, or what? Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and here's to many more great summer weekends! xoxo, whit.


rompin. photo by miles
i know the cityscape photo is cheesy. but sometimes i just can't get over how beautiful this place is.

britt and whit

birthday bahn mi
wedding dates
mazel tov emily and kim!
best date ever.
 inside the gorgeous SAAM (Seattle Asian Art Museum). art deco ♥
on our way to read in Volunteer Park (again) we made new friend
 birthday party decorations! celebrating frida's birthday too 
me and alex ♥
decorations from some of my besties. sign from sarah and a photoshopped loc from, loc!
pink flamingos were a impulse buy. that i do not regret.
my beautiful friends, ellen and merrick. photo courtesy of my good friend forrest
 even my hometown friend, miguel was there!
some really really great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment