Thursday, February 23, 2012

nyfw round up: my top 10 shows

New York Fashion Week just wrapped last Thursday. It took me exactly one week to make up for all the work I didn't do during that week; there were a lot of shows to look through and a lot of time spent fantasizing about being in the front row. To convince myself it was not time wasted, I have made a list of my top 10 shows from NYFW along with my two favorite looks from each show. I'm not sure if I can really express how hard it was for me to chose just 10 (originally I was just going to post my top 5) of my favorites as there were so many amazing collections for Fall 2012 Ready to Wear. Not too surprising, I found myself gravitating toward feminine and vintage inspired pieces. However, I was surprised to find myself falling for the modern, clean cut collections that I don't normally gravitate toward. Feel free to leave a comment with your favorite designer shows! As for me, it's back to work. Although....London Fashion Week did just wrap yesterday, and Milan Fashion Week has begun! I have some catching up to do! ♥, whit.

1. Marc Jacobs
(images via fashionista.com)
 What I would have given to be at this show. There were mixed reviews for Jacobs' Dr. Seuss/Pilgrim inspired looks. I personally LOVED it.

 2. Phillip Lim
(images via fashionista.com)
The clean cut lines are modern and impeccable. Love those tailored red pants!

3. Alice + Olivia 
(images via fashionista.com)
Alice + Olivia is always on my list of favorites. This is the first time I have seen floor length evening wear from designer Stacey Bendet, it was hard to choose a favorite! But this floor length green tiered gown killed me. So beautiful. 

4. Tory Burch
(images via fashionista.com)
Florals. Feminine. Functional. I could not possibly love this collection any more. Unless I owned it.

5. Jason Wu
(images via fashionista.com)
Another show I would have killed to be at. The collection was inspired by Imperial China and military looks. If I had to chose a phrase to describe it: "bad ass beautiful."

6. Oscar De La Renta
(images via fashionista.com)
Vintage inspiration done right. Beautiful and dramatic, I'd expect nothing less from a De La Renta show. Jackie would very much approve.

7. Wes Gordon
(images via fashionista.com)
Damn these clothes are cool. 

8. Calvin Klein
(images via fashionista.com)
Chic chic chic. When it comes to simple, gorgeous silhouettes
Francisco Costa (creative director for Calvin Klein) can do no wrong. The pops of pink and orange were genius.

9. Marchesa

(images via fashionista.com)
So many beautiful dresses, I just couldn't help myself. It was nearly impossible to pick just two favorites, but I predict we'll be seeing these gowns again very soon. Oscar night is upon us after all.   

10. J.Crew
(images via fashionista.com)
I literally wanted want every single thing in this collection. I would wear every single piece. The show was impeccably styled, the colors were insane and I wouldn't mind owning a pair of those Manolo Blahnik for J. Crew heels. Mint green or or floral print, size 6 please. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment