Friday, February 24, 2012

lfw round up: my top 7 shows

I tried. I really did. But narrowing my favorite shows from London Fashion Week down to just five was impossible. So, I cheated just a little and picked my top seven along with two of my favorite looks from each collection. LFW had so many amazing collections to look through, my favorites are all over the map. One thing is for sure, LFW saw some super rad runway theatrics. From pouring rain at Burberry's show to the ghost like model's ominous dance at the McQ show, LFW was anything but boring. Sigh, if only I could be there. Anyone else care to share their faves? ♥,whit

1. McQ
(images via fashionista.com)
There are not enough words to describe how wonderful this collection was. Thank goodness for Sarah Burton.

2. Burberry Prorsum
(images via fashionista.com)
How very British. The collection was beautifully tailored and made me want to romp around the English Countryside or march the streets of London. Plus, you guys know how I feel about sweaters with animals on them!

3.Erdem
(images via fashionista.com
Florals! Color! Lace! Latex?! Yes please! Thank you Erdem for a completely feminine collection with just the right amount of edge. 

4. Mulberry
(images via fashionista.com
Normally, I'm not a fan of fur for fashion's sake, but Mulberry's Where the Wild Things Are inspired collection was so fun I couldn't help but love it. The colors and prints were fabulous! 

5. Giles
 (images via style.com)
 Such a beautiful, romantic collection. Plus, a little catwalk drama is always welcome. 

6. Mary Katrantzou 
 (images via fashionista.com
This collection is so so so fashion forward. I love it because I have never seen anything like it. For the love of fashion, will somebody please wear this first dress to the Oscars? Where is my beloved Cate Blanchett when I need her?!

7. Temperley London
(images via fashionista.com
I feel as though I should have looked through this collection with a monocle. It was so beautiful, rich and luxurious. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure they had the theme song for the Apprentice playing during the show. "Money money money...."

No comments:

Post a Comment