Wednesday, November 23, 2011

getting away: smith rock


Since I am playing a little bit of catch up here, I thought I would share some photos from an amazing trip I took with Miles and some friends in October. Miles and I have taken up rock climbing in the last year (he is much better at it than I am) and some of our climber-type friends invited us to Smith Rock, a beautiful state park in Oregon's high desert. This was my first time climbing outside of the gym and on some real rocks, so I was a little nervous, but luckily I have amazing and patient friends that were along for the adventure with me.


Aside from Smith Rock being a rock climbing and hiking hot spot, it was incredibly beautiful. We lucked out with amazing weather and got to take in breathtaking views of the park and the surrounding rural towns. Maybe it's the holiday spirit creeping up on me, but looking through these photos reminded me of how thankful I am to live in the Northwest. So many beautiful places to visit that are just a short road trip away. Not to mention how thankful I am to have great people to share those trips with. Doesn't get much better than that, folks. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment