Wednesday, November 23, 2011

current obsession:kurt vonnegut+random house book covers

I am definitely getting on the Kurt Vonnegut fan bus a little late in my life. I just started reading his books this year and found that I couldn't stop going back to Elliot Bay Books for more. I can't get enough. But I have a confession to make... I am totally judging his books by their covers. Yes yes, he is a brilliant writer and his books offer up so much to think about and reflect upon, so it goes and all that. The truth is I am in love with the new Vonnegut book covers Random House is redesigning. They had the brilliant idea to use his artwork on all of the new covers and they are so fun!

Is it bad that I want all of them, half because I want to read them and half because I want a pretty colorful bookshelf in my apartment? Here are some of my favorites, but you can see them all at randomhouse.com or better yet, pick some up at your favorite local bookstore!

(images via: barnesandnoble.com)
*ps. This mini post is for my good friend Marian. The ultimate (and best dressed) Vonnegut scholar.

No comments:

Post a Comment